How do I create subtitles?
Natural Subtitling Engine
The Natural Subtitling Engine is an algorithm we've developed on top of our transcription product which uses millisecond-level timestamps and heuristics to generate high-quality subtitles.
Happy Scribe provides two types of subtitles:
- SubRip Cap (.SRT) is a very basic subtitling format that can be used on most web publishing platforms (Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc...)
- EBU-STL (.STL) is a European format used by many broadcasters for subtitling TV programs.
How do I generate subtitles?
You can generate subtitles in 2 ways :
- Upload directly to the Subtitle Generator :
- Click on 'Upload a new file'
- Select 'Subtitles'
- Choose your file and click 'Transcribe'
- When your file is read, click on it to open it. Hey presto - you're in the Subtitle Generator :)
- Upload a Transcript
- You can also upload a transcript and covert it to subtitles after
- Open your transcript in the Interactive Editor
- In the top left corner of the Interactive Editor, hit the Convert to subtitles button
- Your file will appear in subtitle format! And magic!